Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Introducing!

I am hoping to start adding new readers to my blog. Maybe some who do not know us personally. So I thought I should take a few minutes and tell you who we are.

The RainDrop family was established in 1993.


First off I am Croppermom. I am a wife, mother, sister, aunt, friend, Girl Scout leader, my kids teacher, and most of all a daughter of my Heavenly Father. When we are not doing school work, Girl Scouts, doctor's appointments, or running teenagers to their events, I love to read. I have not had an opportunity, or time in a GREAT while to scrapbook, but I love to take pictures for the future when I do have time again.

My knight in shining armor and the love of my life is known as the Man of the House. He is a wonderful provider and an awesome Dad. He is the IT director for a concrete construction company. He loves to read and play on the computer.

Our little RainDrops are growing in stature and in number.

Pooh Bear or Bit as her daddy calls her is 13, going on 30, as the the old adage goes. She loves to read, and science is her favorite subject, along with art and art appreciation. She is looking forward to taking classes on baby sitting and first aid.

Boo is almost 10 and a real tom boy at heart. She loves monkeys and despises pink. She loves to draw, and paint, even on things that are going to get her in trouble. She believes she can improve anything with paint.

Snoopy is 8 and pure boy! He is loud and rough. He is a mom's boy at heart though. He is turning in to his dad's mini me. He loves to play computers and has his daddy's ease at school subjects. School seems to come easy to him.

Our number are growing as we are a host family with Pacific Intercultural Exchange. Yes even homeschooolers can host students.

This past August we welcomed Ba bo houng (her nick name from school last year) to our family. She is from South Korea. She turned Sweet 16 while living with us! She loves Hello Kitty and wants to be a surgeon when she grows up. Ba bo houng will be leaving us in July. It will be a sad day, but we are thanking God and her family for giving us one more month!

Thaly came from Brazil in January. She fit right in with our growing family. We are so excited that she will be able to do one more semester here in the USA. We are terribly sad that the decision was made after we had already picked our two kids for next year. We are not allowed to have 3! I swear she will find sleeping while hanging from a nail real comfortable.

Next fall we will have a young lady who is 15 from Thailand.

As well as a young man from Norway
As soon as I know their nickname I will introduce them formally!

I will blog soon about our experience of being a host family. Let me just say this much. It is so very worth it!

No comments: