Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bridging Creek Side Girl Scouts







After a busy day we had a wonderful evening of fellowship and celebration as our girls bridged from one program level to the next. It is so hard to believe that I no longer have a Brownie. Just before the Brownies bridged they welcomed to bridging Daisies to Brownies.


Boo was so proud as she walked across the bridge. She never likes to be the center of attention in large crowds. But there was a hint of a smile. Boo and her fellow new Junior Girl Scouts are ready to move up and take more responsibilities while learning new skills.


I was the master of ceremonies at today's event as well as a proud mommy. Not only did Boo bridge but our Exchange Students bridged as well. Ba bo houng bridged to Ambassadors and Thaly bridged to adult Girl Scouts. I was a beaming mother. Dad got roped into taking pictures as the official photographer, so the photos of me actually bridging the big girls will have to wait.

This evening brought back many fond memories for me as I was a Girl Scout myself. I love being a leader and giving the girls the opportunities to learn and grow that I had.

No comments: