Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 24, 2008

Sitting around with Mayo in my hair

So last week I was talking with my best friend in Kansas City. She was saying how she was getting ready for the holiday week trip and the kids ended up with lice. I felt for her believe me, we have had scares thinking we might have it, treating everything just in case. Thank goodness nothing. So I told her that and knock on wood we were going to keep dodging that bullet. The NEXT day Friday I got a call from the girl's school nurse. Jessie had LICE!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the heck did we get it over the phone from Kansas City!!!!!!!!!! (that is a joke. I am being funny here.) I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut. So I picked up Ashlyn as well and looked at her before we left the nurse's office. Yep she had it too. Damn!!!!!!! (sorry about the dirty wordy but I was ticked off) We went to Wal-Mart picked up the RID stuff, tea tree oil for the shampoo, and laundry soap since I was almost out. Then to Best Buy, our down stairs vacuum kicked the bucket and the upstairs one is very quickly behind it, and got a new Dyson (I wanted one but not this way.) So after spending $550 between Wally World and Best Buy, we went to get Aaron from school. We got home and started laundry treating hair with RID and cleaning every corner of the house. All the while my head was itching.

When I checked Jessie after treating her I found just 3 lice. Ashlyn I found like ten, plus 2 that I saw got rinsed out. So I think Ashlyn had it first. Aaron, Stephen, and I were all clean. So now we will be putting mayo in our hair every night for 7 days, and combing through every night as well, then retreating next Friday. I am so not happy here. The kids do not totally understand what is going on. Even Stephen griped about feeling like tuna fish with mayo in his hair. At least we will have well conditioned hair after the next week.

You would not believe how far behind on laundry I was anyway. But now I have bags upon bags in the garage. I am bringing in one at a time and washing it in HOT water and putting it away, Gees I really hate laundry! Everything we sleep on gets washed the next day and the beds and pillows sprayed down. Every piece of furniture gets sprayed before you sit on it and when you get up. The floor pillows and the floor where we lay to watch TV get sprayed. Right before the holiday that we were going to take it easy during, teach me to open my mouth. Oh well life is tough then you die right.

No comments: