Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Party Time






Most of you know that over the last year Stephen has been on Interferon treatments. The effects of the medicine is pretty much that of chemo therapy. Every week he had to prepare himself for the worst case of the flu, his personality changed also, he was constantly tired. To say the least is has not been an easy year on him. Well Halloween night was the last treatment, I thought that was pretty good timing.



Last night I had planned a party for him to celebrate the end of the shots and most of all him. I wanted to have all our friends and family to take the opportunity to just be grateful that he was okay. Stephen was his normal self before the party, he thought it was a silly thing, he was worried about the budget he had had given me for it, that kind of stuff. We had a house full of family and friends. On the way home last night he told me several times that he it was a great idea, he had a great time. Wow I have good ideas from time to time.



The best part of the evening had to have been, that both of Stephen's best friends and their families were there. It has been a long time since we have seen Cary and Laura and their kids. Stephen works with Roger everyday but I have not seen him and his wife in a while either. I got great pictures of him and Roger and Cary. However I forgot my camera like an idiot, so I had to use my sister in laws. As soon as I get the pictures I will post them. I was so excited about those pictures. Then we did one of the 3 guys and their wives. I thought it was a great picture opportunity.



I really want our family and friends to know how much our family needed your support this year. We are so thankful for all of you, and the prayers and the help you have given us this year. We would have made it through the year but it would have been so much more difficult. Thank you Christina and Philip for all your help with the party last night , and to Carol and David for letting us use your home for the party.



Stephen I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing our family through this year. The year was not easy on you, yet you were always there for your family when we needed you. I am very excited that this is over and our family can return so something that resembles normal all though I am not really sure we are ever really normal.

No comments: