Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I thought I should tell you all a little bit about our family. I am hoping that maybe this blog is getting some readers, even some who may not know us other than from here.

We are the Raines family, Stephen, Kay, Ashlyn, Jesalyn, and Aaron. We live in Texas, where Stephen and I have lived our entire lives. Yep we are pretty boring in this day and age. We have been married for 15 years. And moved into our new home about 2 ½ years ago. We have been a Foster Family, through CPS here in Texas. We fostered 5 babies over 2 years and eventually adopted our middle daughter Jesalyn.

Stephen works for a concrete construction company as their IT Director. He loves to play Fighter Ace a web based WWII flying game. He enjoys playing golf and watching just about any sport. He is a huge Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, and Mavericks fan. He is a huge Sci-Fi fan as well. He is also in to what I call scary movies. He likes vampires and the like. He enjoys spending time with the kids just being dad.

I have been a stay at home mom since Ashlyn was born. I really enjoy being with my kids and watching them grow up, they are become such cool people. Now that I have all the kids in school all day I have decided to go back to college. I have a few college hours but I am pretty much starting from scratch. I also love Sci-Fi. My favorite is Star Trek, Sanctuary, but most of all Doctor Who, new and classic. I am a Girl Scout Leader for the girls. I love to go camping, which Stephen laughs at because I am not one to like to sit outside. I enjoy watching movies with family and I am addicted to scrapbooking.

Ashlyn is almost 11 and she is a true tween. She loves Girl Scouts and learning new things with the other girls. She has been a pee wee cheerleader for 2 seasons now and loves it. She is in the 4th grade at school and loves to read. She is really good at math too. She is known by all the teachers to always be smiling and happy. She is getting a love for Sci-Fi from mommy and daddy. Ashlyn was born with a rare birth defect called Marshall Syndrome, it was inherited from Stephen. She was born with a cleft palate and no cartridge in her nose and cheeks. She has had cataracts removed and lens replacements. She is also hard of hearing, and wears hearing aids. She has had several surgeries. She has had her cleft closed and her nose built up along with many sets of tubes.

Jesalyn turned 7 in August. She is also a Girl Scout and loving it, and she has been a cheerleader for a season. She is in the 1st grade and is a great reader. She can have quite a temper at home but everywhere else she is as sweet as pie, hum what does that say. Jessie also has a love for the Sci-Fi. Her favorite show is Eureka. She is also quite the little artist, she is great at drawing.

Aaron just turned 6. He loves to play video games already. He can figure out just about any electronics we do not let him see any of our passwords he is very sneaky. He too was born with Marshall Syndrome. He has had his cleft closed, craniovault surgery and many set of tubes. He is legally blind and has a sever to profound hearing loss. He is in Kindergarten and is doing great. He ahead of the kids in his deaf ed class and his regular ed class.

Well that is a little about us more to come.

No comments: