Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, November 7, 2008

The Pumkin Murder




I have to tell you all how I murdered my son’s pumpkin. A couple of weeks ago we went to the birthday party of our cousin Ava. As part of the party favor gifts each child got to pick a small pumpkin during the hay ride. Aaron took his time and found the perfect pumpkin. I got great pictures of him picking it out. Then when the hay ride was over my sister in law let the children paint the pumpkins. Aaron once again took his time and worked very very hard on getting his jack o lantern face just right, eyes in triangles, nose and mouth



When we got home that evening the kids decided to put the pumpkins in the front yard since we are quite lacking on decorations out there. Unknown to me, Aaron set his at the corner of the driveway and the sidewalk. The next morning as I pulled out of the driveway to run an errand with the girls, guess what happened. Yep I ran over the pumpkin. Aaron came out to help get stuff in the house when we got home, he stopped dead when he say the pumpkin. He ran to it and sat down beside it and CRIED to a half hour. The poor dear was heartbroken. He finally came in the house and moped around for another 30 minutes or so and was back outside beside his poor little pumpkin. He sat beside it and patted it, and just cried. I tried to get all the pumpkin guts picked up, but for the next several days he would whimper every time we got in the car.



For those of you like my mother who think I should have run right out and gotten him another pumpkin I did. After 3 trips to Wally World I finally found one of the little pumpkins for him. He was so excited. But nothing will ever be the same as that pumpkin.



BTW we are not telling him Mommy is the pumpkin killer.

1 comment:

amy said...

Thanks for your comment. You seem like a good mom-keep it up!!