Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 13, 2011

RainDrop Reflections






This past week was a mix of slow and steady and lot of craziness.

We had planned a camping trip for the weekend and started our week with the final plans and menu making. We found out that the other RainDrop Family (my brother and sister in law and their children) were not going to be able to join us, so we shifted plans to go with a friend. Thaly was making her plans to head to Florida with the church youth group.

Well guess what. Thaly and I both ended up wit a stomach bug on Wednesday night, and Thursday. Thaly wanted to go shopping for food for the camp out on Thursday, but did not make it past the first 2 stops before the grocery store, poor girl! If I could have gone home I would have too. That was a nasty bug. While was doing the shopping Thaly called and told me there was no way she could ride the bus from Texas to Florida feeling like that. I was not surprised at all.

I got things together Friday to head the camp ground. Lo and behold the washer was not working right (my brand new washer!!!!!!!!!!) I was still feeling crappy in the tummy and The Man of the House had the tummy bug too, along with Pooh Bear!

There I am packing for camp 2 hours later than I wanted to be and leaving 2 more home than was the plan. But we finally got there. Got camp set up and made a run to town to go to WalMart. While I was doing that the rest went to the lake to cool off, we then enjoyed our evening of Hobo dinners and s'mores.

By the way I put a hex on one of my kids for the first time ever. Ba bo houng made her dinner with lots of spices. Of course she is Asian! I got her Hobo dinner! OMG!!! I have never had my lips burn from my nose to my chin! I would never make it in Asia.

The next day we spent the afternoon at the beach area and had a blast. The water was cold but once you got it it was great! I took the float out and just let the water carry me where it wanted to. After playing for 3 hours on the lake we headed back into camp.

This is where our weekend started to take a turn for the worst. The 2 mommy's sent the kids to the shower. My friend and I waited for them to come back as we sat and drank some water and put of a box fan outside to help cool us off. When the kids got back from the shower we headed to shower ourselves. The water felt great just on cold. We cooled off and headed back to the campsite. The kids made us moms a sandwich and we set back to enjoy it.

My friend looked at me and said she did not feel good. She was pale and decided sitting in the car in the A/C would be best. Her daughter got her keys and they walked all of 6 feet to the car. Next thing I knew her daughter was YELLING my name. By the time I got over there she had passed out.

I started yelling for wet towels, to get the kids concentrating on something else, while I started checking her pulse and such. She was only out a few seconds when she started to come around then passed out again. Not only did she pass out she had a convulsion. At that point I called EMS. Turns out she was dehydrated, very dehydrated! She took a trip to the ER. I called The Man of the House but he was still sick. We decided to pack up and head home. I was blessed to have another WONDERFUL friend who could bring a truck up to the camp and help us get home.

My poor friend was kept for about 5 hours in the ER getting fluids. She was told that at our age ( we are not 16 any more) we should be drinking enough to have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, when it is this hot out! REALLY those stairs down to the swimming area were a killer (100 steps believe me I ask the Rangers). So not worth climbing and descending every 20 minutes. I think we will stay home for the summer and drink our water here!

No comments: