Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Five Dollars and Thirty-Eight Cents

After the whole lice thing and all the laundry that entaled. I was about half way through the laundry when my washer suddenly quite spinning. The clothes were soaked, but he washer would not spin them out. I ask Stephen to take a look at it, he did he could not figure it out. It is still under warrenty so I called Best Buy, to have them come out and take a look. That was Monday.
Best Buy:"We can be there Thrusday between 8 and Noon."
Me: "uh no I have a final that day at school"
Best Buy: " What would be a better day for you"
Me: "Today would be good"
Best Buy:"I am sorry, but we cann't do it today."
My next thought was well why did you ask then.
Best Buy: "We can be out on Saturday, between 8am and noon."
My thought was are we supposed to be naked until then!!!!!!!!
Me: "well if that is when the next available time is then okay."
I was franitc to try to figure out how to get us some clothes for the week. I ended up taking a load a couple of times to my neighbor and then Stephen took several loads to his parents house before work, then picked it up on the way home. Thank you Carol and David for doing our dirty underwear.
Well Saturday came and I got the call from Geek Squad to fix the washer. Mind you, Ashlyn had a slumber party Friday night, I still had 6 little 4th graders at the house, and parents on the way. I still had several things to do to get the kids ready to go to Nana and Papa's for the evening. They were taking them out to the Gaylord Texan and to dinner, while Stephen and I went to his company Christmas party.
Geek Squad:" I will be there to fix your washer between 2 and 4pm"
Me:" UH...NO! I had an appointment time between 8 and noon. We have a Christmas Party tonight."
Geek Squad:"Well I will not be in your area until after noon"
Me:"Well SOMEONE, meaning you, needs to call your dispatchers and get things straight."
Geek Squad:"What is the lasted time I can be there"
Me:"Noon."
Geek Squad:"Well........I try to be there by then"
ME:"Yes you will be here by then. Thank you"
He showed up about 10:30. I told him thank you and that I knew I was short but this had been a long week with no washer and I had a house full when he called. I was trying to be nice.
After about 30 minutes he came out and said
Geek Squad: " It is fixed. Five dollars and thirty-eight cents.
Me: Shocked look on my face "It is under warrenty"
Geek Squad: "It's five dollars and thirty eight cents."
Me: "I don't understand it is under warrenty. I did no think there was a charge at all"
Geek Squad: "I could not help it... There was fiuve dollors and thirty eight cents in the motor it was keeping it from spining. That was your problem"
Me: "Oh I get it. That was a good one. How in the world... Well thank you"
Moral of the week was....CHECK THE POCKETS EVERYTIME YOU WASH. DO NOT SKIP EVEN ONE TIME!!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog a while back. :) Loved this post - I never check the pockets when I do laundry! I've ruined enough things, including two ipod shuffle's. But, no, I am a slow learner. Glad they were able to fix it!