Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother’s Day Thoughts

    I know I am late with my Mother's Day thoughts, but I am usually late with everything I do.

    I have been thinking lately how blessed I am to have a mother and to be a mother. My life has been richly blessed in both ways. I have a wonderful mother who despite all the heart ache I caused her in my teen years (and I can admit now it was more than any mother should ever have to face) she never ever gave up on me. She watched me make HUGE mistakes, sometimes waiting patiently for me to see they were mistakes and other times fighting the entire way to save me from my own stupidity. She was a praying mother who spent time on her knees daily for me. She never once doubted my divine worth, and taught me that I was loveable even when I was acting my most un-loveable. Mom never told me she hope one day I would have children who acted just like me. (Once I had children she told me she would never wish my mistakes on anyone, no one should have to endure that, thank you for that Mom.) Mom has always thought of herself as merely a mediocre mother. I have an announcement for her and the world. She was the perfect mother for me. I will yell from the highest mountains and from every media outlet I can find. She may not thought she was doing the right things but she was always there for me. She taught me to love, and nurture my own children and to care for my husband in the ways they deserve. Thank you Mom for all that you faced with me for the lessons you taught me and stood back and let me learn on my own. You are still teaching me so much, you life is an example.


 

    My life as a mother has blessed me beyond words. I wanted my children so badly and waited so long for them. I know that I am not the perfect mother but am truly blessed to have the chance to love the special sprites that my Heavenly father has entrusted to me. I want nothing more than to give them the best I can both, in physical things and most importantly in the intangible lessons I teach them. I want them to understand that they are children of Heavenly Father, that they have been sent to this life to learn and to grow so that one day they can return to Him and stand before Him proud of who they have become. As a mother it is my responsibility to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. I pray daily I am up to the task. I feel quite inadequate at time but with the help of my Heavenly Father and the example of my own mother I have the knowledge and the blessings I will need to see them through their lives. My goal is to stand with them before my Heavenly Father and say I may not have been perfect but everything I did was what I felt was right and was done so that we can be an eternal family with no empty seats at the table.

No comments: